Emergency evacuation training is essential to running a safe and successful business. This safety training can be the difference between life and death in the event of an emergency that requires an evacuation.
In the event of a workplace emergency, such as a fire or chemical spill, your employees need to know how to properly respond to the emergency at hand and how to safely evacuate the building.
What is Emergency Evacuation Training?
Emergency evacuation training instructs employees on what to do and what not to do in the event of an emergency situation. Additionally, all businesses should have written emergency plans which clearly show the location of emergency equipment, exits and evacuation procedures.
Common reasons for an emergency evacuation may include:
- Chemical Spills
- Biohazard contaminations
- Gas Leaks
- Bomb threats
- National security threats
Simply drafting an emergency evacuation plan is not enough to guarantee the safety of your employees. In the event of an evacuation, you will need qualified, reliable individuals who can manage and organize activities to ensure a safe and successful evacuation. That’s where Health and Safety Solutions (HSS) can help.
At HSS, our Emergency Evacuation Procedures course is designed to provide your employees with the tools and skills necessary to respond in the event of a major workplace emergency or evacuation.
HSS Emergency Evacuation Course
All of our training programs are customised to the specific training needs of your organisation. They are designed to supply your employees with the tools and knowledge they need for their specific roles, responsibilities, and organisational objectives. Best of all, we will come to you, training your employees directly in their work environment.
Our highly interactive Emergency Evacuation Course provides trainees with the highest calibre learning experience to ensure they are ready in the event of a workplace evacuation. Throughout the duration of their 3 hour course, your employees will be trained to:
- Define and identify emergency situations – this portion of training will include examples of different emergency situations and how to respond appropriately to each situation.
- Understand the basics of Health and Safety in the workplace – This portion of their training will include outlining individual responsibilities, local legislation, and any other key issues.
- Identify and locate emergency exit routes and assembly points – In addition to learning primary exit routes, employees will also learn secondary and tertiary exit routes. Once employees evacuate the building, they will need to know where to meet. Establishing a designated assembly points allows your employees to account for every employee in the event of a workplace evacuation.
- Evacuate the premises – During their course, trainees will learn specific roles, responsibilities, and evacuation procedures. They will also learn general organisational guidelines and what to do when they hear an emergency alarm.
- Identify and locate emergency equipment – During this phase of their training, employees will learn the different types of fire extinguishers, the location of extinguishers, location and content of First Aid kits, as well as the location of any other safety/emergency resources.
- React to various emergency scenarios – Taking a hands on, immersive approach, trainees will respond to different emergency drills (i.e. fire, chemical spills, etc.). These interactive scenarios teach trainees how to work cooperatively in a group, sharing any feedback they feel will improve organizational evacuation plans.
Before completing their Evacuation Training, practical and theoretical assessments will be conducted to ensure all trainees have a complete understanding of the material presented throughout the duration of their course. Upon successful completion of emergency evacuation training, each employee will receive a Certificate for on-site job identification purposes.
Ultimately, you never know when a workplace emergency will strike. When you train your employees to properly respond to an emergency, you are providing them with the tools they need to save lives.
If you’re interested in Emergency Evacuation training for your organization, contact the professionals at HSS. We look forward to working with you.